29th July 2009 - The largest expansion for "Gears of War 2" yet, "Gears of War 2: Dark Corners" which includes seven new multiplayer maps, 13 new Achievements worth 325 additional Gamerscore and the new campaign chapter, "Road to Ruin" has been released on Xbox Live.
The seven new multiplayer maps in the "Dark Corners" Game Add-on are:
1. Allfathers Garden: Honour the sacred grounds of the Coalition founders in this explosive map, where a host of powerful weapons catalyse fast and furious action at this COG landmark.
2. Memorial: This hard battleground is set in the Memorial of the Eternal Flame, paying tribute to soldiers who have fallen on the battlefield. Players will fight to control the Boomshot, putting their flank formation and evasive skills to the test.
3. Sanctuary: Once a peaceful ground for reflection and remembrance, all that remains of this Sanctuary is the chill of death. Make your way through the tight paths and blind corners of the Locust-damaged temple corridors as you seek the arsenal of powerful weapons hidden within.
4. War Machine: In the abandoned train station that once served as a hub for travel, players will need to master the Longshot, Mulcher and Boomshot weapons to advance the fight while evading fire from the platforms above.
5. Highway: Take the fight deep into the Locust Hollow in the complex passages of this underground highway system brimming with enemy vermin. Stick together, separate the enemy and have an exit strategy ready or it’ll be a one-way trip.
6. Way Station: Locust way stations are filled with fallen COG soldiers trapped somewhere between death and ‘processing.’ Tread lightly and practice patience as it’s better to sacrifice firepower for stealth while navigating this minefield of hidden grenades.
7. Nowhere: Set in the middle of what was once a destination for weary desert travelers, the land is now barren and devoid of life. Pick off your enemies with the Longshot sniper rifle before a sandstorm blows in to obscure vision and intensify the firefight.
If you’ve missed previous Game Add-ons for "Gears of War 2," the "All Fronts Collection" is great value as it includes the previously released "Flashback," "Combustible" and "Snowblind" Map Packs in addition to the new "Dark Corners" content. In all, "Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection" contains 19 diverse multiplayer maps in which you and your friends can repel the Locust Horde as a team or cross chainsaws in thrilling competitive multiplayer matches, all while racking up experience points to climb in rank.
To celebrate the launch of "Dark Corners," developers from Epic Games will be hosting multiplayer matches on Xbox LIVE starting this Saturday, August 1 from 6 – 9 a.m. EST. Look for these Gamertags to join in the action:
For more information visit HERE!
Additionally, everyone is invited to join in on a free weekend of Xbox LIVE Gold status beginning Saturday, August 1 at 5:01 a.m EST and continuing through Tuesday August 4 at 4:59 a.m. EST.
"Gears of War 2: Dark Corners" is available today on Xbox LIVE for 1,200 MS Points. "Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection" is also available for 1,600 MS Points. "Gears of War 2" is available exclusively on Xbox 360 and is rated MA 15+".
Once you have downloaded Dark Corners, don't forget to check out our Dark Corners Achievement Guide HERE!