7th January 2010 - After Microsoft's CES 2010 conference, they have released a press release detailing the key Xbox 360 announcements. It is as follows:
We love starting the New Year out with a bang! On the eve of CES 2010, Steve Ballmer and Robbie Bach announced in Microsoft's keynote address that 2009 was a great year for Xbox and 2010 will be the biggest year ever in Xbox history.
- Xbox sold more than 10 million consoles last year and we have now sold 39 million Xbox 360s around the world.
- Xbox Live continues to redefine and lead social games and entertainment:
- Xbox LIVE enjoyed its biggest week ever at Christmas time, with a new member joining every second.
- Xbox LIVE saw record peaks of more than 2.2 million people using the service at the same time.
- The addition of new social features like Facebook, Twitter and 1080p instant on movies has been a huge success with nearly 10 million members utilising entertainment content on Xbox LIVE.
- Over 1 million new friend connections have been made since the launch of Facebook on Xbox LIVE.
- As announced during the keynote, "Project Natal" will be hitting living rooms this holiday (2010). "Project Natal" - which will work with every Xbox 360 - ushers in an entirely new category of games and entertainment, turning YOU into the controller.
- 2010 will deliver our biggest line-up ever of exclusive blockbuster releases. Kicking off the first-half of the year with back-to-back Xbox 360 exclusives like Splinter Cell Conviction, Crackdown 2, Mass Effect 2, and Alan Wake. Our holiday line-up of games includes the highly anticipated Fable 3, followed by Halo Reach, which is expected to be the biggest title of 2010.
- With Xbox LIVE, we're changing the face of social entertainment.
- A new Xbox LIVE experience, "Game Room," will be the ultimate destination for reliving the glory days of the classic 1980s arcade. "Game Room" will offer a library of 30 original arcade and console classics including "Centipede(r)," "Asteroids Deluxe(r)," and "Super Cobra," which are shown in their original cabinet designs. Buy once and play on both your Xbox 360 and Windows-based PC.