27th May 2010 - In exciting news for all those eagerly anticipating Mafia II, 2K games have announced a special Collector's Edition for the game. Full details in the press release below.
2K Games is pleased to present the Mafia II Collector’s Edition for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. Available in limited quantities across select Australian and New Zealand retailers, all three versions of the Mafia II Collector’s Edition will contain both physical and digital elements that further enhance the epic mobster crime drama experience. Gamers can now pre-order Mafia II and the Mafia II Collector’s Edition at select retailers.
“The first Mafia title was a critical success, and we are excited to deliver an epic sequel to fans of the game and of Mafia entertainment," said Christoph Hartmann, president, 2K. "By offering a Collector’s Edition, special pre-order incentives and downloadable content for Mafia II, we are able to show our appreciation for those guys wise enough to reserve their copies early."
In addition to a copy of the highly anticipated Mafia II game, the Mafia II Collector’s Edition will contain the following content:
• Collectible SteelBook Casing: Brushed metallic SteelBook hard case with debossed logo containing two pieces of art featuring Vito and Joe, the stars of Mafia II.
• Made Man Pack: Free access to in-game downloadable pack that lets players get behind the wheel of two different luxury automobiles modeled after cars from the period. In addition, Vito will look the part with two new “made man” suits, including a vintage tux.
• Hardcover Art Book: Get to know the families of Empire Bay with a 100-page photo album-style art book that takes fans through the artistic design process of the game.
• Mafia II Orchestral Soundtrack: Immerse yourself in Empire Bay’s symphonic masterpiece with the Mafia II score recorded by the Prague FILMHarmonic Orchestra on CD.
• Map of Empire Bay: Get familiar with the neighborhoods and own the streets with a high quality, tear-resistant map depicting the 10 square miles of Empire Bay and all the hangout spots.
Through a compelling narrative, Mafia II transports gamers into the dark and unforgiving world of the Mafia. The fiction is embellished by a sophisticated, era-evoking atmosphere that meticulously replicates the clothing, cars, music and advertising of 1940's and 1950's Americana. Players will easily become immersed in the game's cinematic Hollywood-style experience with strong, believable characters in a living, breathing metropolis. By fusing high-octane gunplay with white-knuckle driving and an engaging narrative, Mafia II looks to be the industry's most compelling Mafia title to date.
Mafia II is currently in development by 2K Czech, the same creative team behind the award-winning, genre-defining Mafia, which captivated millions of gamers around the world. Mafia II is rated MA 15+ by the Australian Classification Board and will be available in Australia and New Zealand on August 27, 2010.
2K Games is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).