11th June 2010 - 2K Games is excited to announce a partnership in Australia and New Zealand with EB Games, GAME and JB Hi Fi to provide incentives, including free downloadable content, to customers who pre-order Mafia II and Mafia II Collector’s Edition for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.. The following pre-order items are now being offered:
- Vegas Pack (EB Games - Australia and New Zealand): Get a taste of old school Vegas in this new DLC pack from Mafia II. Bring a taste of Vegas to Empire Bay as you cruise through the town in two new cars with smooth handling and timeless lines. Vito shows his Vegas style in two new suits inspired by movies and music of the time.
- Renegade Pack (GAME and Mighty Ape New Zealand): Show off your inner renegade in this new DLC pack. Start with two new cars, one with the slick styling and tight handling of a small sports coupe and the other with the revved up engine of a ‘50s hot rod. Outfit Vito in two new suits, including leather and lettermen’s jackets to fit his renegade persona.
- Greaser Pack (JB Hi Fi - Australia and New Zealand): Free access to the in-game downloadable content pack that is all about speed. These two new hot-rod speedsters will win you pink slips every time. Pair them with two new outfits for Vito -- a leather jacket with heavy boots, and a leather racing suit -- and get your engines revving.
- War Hero Pack (Independent Retailers): The ‘40s wouldn’t be complete without a war hero. Vito plays the role well in the War Hero DLC pack. Drive two military style vehicles and notice the superior handling in all weather conditions. Vito looks sharp in two new military outfits, including fatigues and a dress uniform.
- Mafia II Pin Up Posters: Pre-order Mafia II at EB Games and receive four A2 Limited Edition Pin Up Posters. Gamers will also have the opportunity to vote for which four of the twelve posters will get included in the pack. Head to https://mafia2.ebgames.com.au/ or https://www.ebgames.co.nz/events/mafia2/ next week to select the four favourite calender girls you want to take home with your copy of Mafia II. Images of the twelve posters are as below.
Mafia II is currently in development by 2K Czech, the same creative team behind the award-winning, genre-defining Mafia, which captivated millions of gamers around the world. Mafia II is rated MA 15+ by the Australian Classification Board will be available in Australia and New Zealand on August 27, 2010.
For more information on Mafia II, please visit www.mafia2game.com.