4th March 2010 - Blur™ is the ultimate powered-up racing experience, dropping players into heart-pumping, electrified action with multiple cars trading paint as they charge towards the finish line. Drivers careen through real-world track locations packed with fast curves, sneaky alternate routes and hair-raising jumps in over 50 licensed cars as they collect intense Power-ups, including the ability to blast other cars out of the way with huge bursts of energy, boost their speed, and more. Blur delivers a new style of Powered-up racing experience for all gamers.
· Power-ups that Shock Your Socks off – Drivers will collect and use intense Power-ups throughout each race, including the ability to blast other cars out of the way with huge bursts of energy, boost speed with Nitros, drop mines, use power-up to take out racers ahead of you and drivers on your tail. You can even generate defensive shields to fend off other racers. Players can use each Power-up independently on the fly, or collect and combine the Power-ups and use them offensively or defensively to multiply the effect on the competition. Players can also purchase Power-up modifications, to amplify the on-track carnage to suit their individual strategies.
· Racing for All Gamers – Blur moves beyond traditional racers by taking genre staples, including licensed cars, photo-realistic graphics and real-world locations. By combining these with gameplay, designed completely to focus on ‘fun’ and featuring intuitive pick-up-and-play controls, intense Power-ups, and races where players are always in the pack challenging for the lead from beginning to end. Either in Single Player or Multiplayer Blur is for all types of gamers, regardless of experience or skill level.
· Social Network Interface – Blur’s new, innovative social network user interface is designed to evolve dynamically as players compete in different races, make new friends, rivals and fans, and connect with other racers in real life. Learn what’s going on in the Blur world, locate where and when the next big races are happening, rally your fans for support, and take up challenges designed to suit your favorite racing style.
· It Wouldn’t Be Racing Without Multiplayer – Blur offers gamers a new kind of racing experience that allows them to race with friends and as part of a network of players in high intensity competition and fun. With 20 players online and a progressive ranking system that rewards gamers the more they play, Blur focuses on objective based race events, and also features 4-player split-screen for playing with friends from the comfort of the couch. Blur also introduces Custom Groups – where anyone can create unique multiplayer modes based on their favorite ways to play the game. These new modes are then shared through Blur’s social network, expanding the game in ways only limited by the gaming community’s creativity.
· Real-World Cars and Locations – Blur features over 50 licensed cars to drive as players race through visually stunning tracks set in real-world locations ranging from L.A. and San Francisco to the streets of Hackney, UK, to the treacherous roads of Barcelona and all the way to Japan. As players progress through the game, they’ll be able to unlock and purchase multiple versions of the cars, each paying homage to different racing cultures, including Rat, Drift, Smooth and Tuner, and each with their own specific performance pros and cons.
· Cinematic Destruction Meets Photo-Realism – CAUTION! – Racers may experience insane collisions featuring loads of damage and destruction, with panels crumpling on photo-realistic cars as they flip and roll down the track.