13th October 2011 - The release of “Forza Motorsport 4” today in Australia ushers in a new dawn for racing games and automotive entertainment. Developed by Turn 10 Studios and published by Microsoft Studios exclusively for Xbox 360, “Forza Motorsport 4” has set a new industry standard in this latest installment to the acclaimed “Forza Motorsport” franchise, the highest rated racing franchise of this generation2.
Featuring stunning graphics and heart racing action, Forza Motorsports 4 is one of 2011’s top rated games to date, igniting the automotive passion and spirit in games and car lovers alike.
Also announced today is local Australian content in the form of the ultimate V8 Motorsport car add-ons. The Standard Edition and the Limited Collector’s Edition include some of Australia’s most popular Holden and Ford racing cars.
The Australian V8 “Forza Motorsport 4” car list includes:
- 2011 Ford Mother Energy Racing Team FG Falcon
- 2011 Ford Performance Racing FG Falcon
- 2011 Ford Dick Johnson Racing FG Falcon
- 2011 Ford IRWIN Racing FG Falcon
- 2011 Ford SP Tools Racing FG Falcon
- 2011 Holden #1 Toll Holden Racing Team Commodore VE
- 2011 Holden #11 Pepsi Max Crew Commodore VE
- 2011 Holden #33 Fujitsu Racing GRM Commodore VE
- 2011 Holden #8 Team BOC Commodore VE
- 2011 Holden #88 TeamVodafone Commodore VE
“Forza Motorsport 4” is available in a Standard Edition (AU$99.95 RRP) and Limited Collector’s Edition (AU$109.95 RRP) at retailers across Australia. The Limited Collector’s Edition offers exclusive content, including the “American Muscle” Car Pack, “Launch Bonus” Car Pack and “VIP” Car Pack, other downloadable content and VIP membership status.
Delivering automotive action like never before, “Forza Motorsport 4” gameplay features include:
- Platform Defining Graphics. Featuring dramatic Hollywood-style camera effects and an all new lighting engine, “Forza Motorsport 4” creates a realistic graphical experience — all running at a silky-smooth 60 frames per second.
- Vibrant Online Community on Xbox LIVE. 4 “Forza Motorsport 4” is helping to make racing more social than ever before on Xbox LIVE. Create a Car Club and build the ultimate dream team of drivers, tuners and painters from the “Forza” community. Share your passion for cars and dominate the other clubs. With the all-new Rivals Mode, play against your friends whether they’re online or not by challenging them for bragging rights and rewards in a variety of different game types.
- Top Gear Integration. Whether you’re listening to Jeremy Clarkson’s unique take in Autovista, taking a spin in the Kia Cee’d on the Top Gear Test Track, or playing car soccer with 15 of your closest friends online, you can enjoy the BBC’s Top Gear, which is integrated throughout “Forza Motorsport 4” in entertaining, informative and perhaps even surprising ways.
- Controller-free Innovation with Kinect for Xbox 360. Autovista Mode helps bring the automotive experience to life. Walk around the car in a virtual showroom, crouch down to look at the details, or open the doors and hood using the power of Kinect. Immerse yourself with Kinect Head Tracking, which pans the camera view based on how you naturally look into the corners when you’re hard charging. Take the virtual wheel with Kinect as you sit on the couch with your friends and family — no controller required. You can even take advantage of Kinect voice control to easily navigate the game’s menu.5
- Hundreds of Cars to Race, Collect and Tune. With more than 80 manufacturers, the most in any racing game available today, “Forza Motorsport 4” features more diversity and more of the cars you love from the Forza Motorsport franchise. The all new World Tour Mode boasts new tracks and hundreds of hours of gameplay as you travel the globe with your favorite car. With Forza Motorsport’s most accurate physics engine, cockpits and damage on every car, and assists that can allow even the most casual player to race, “Forza Motorsport 4” redefines the genre.
Complimentary Trial with Xbox LIVE Demo: For those who want to test drive “Forza Motorsport 4” first, the Xbox LIVE demo is available as a complimentary download from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace: https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Forza-Motorsport-4-Demo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5389f0
“Forza Motorsport 4” Season Pass: The “Forza Motorsport 4” Season Pass is your action-packed ticket to six game add-on packs as they’re released through the next year. Starting Oct. 13, players can purchase the Season Pass on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and at participating retailers for 2,400 Microsoft points redeemable for six game add-on packs.
Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel. Launching at the same time as Forza Motorsports 4, the Wireless Speed Wheel can be purchased as a separate accessory to combine a fun and immersive driving experience with “Forza Motorsport 4”. It will give “Forza Motorsport 4” gamers precise steering, standard controller buttons/triggers, and haptic feedback with rumble. The device is compatible with all Xbox 360 racing games right out of the box6. The Wireless Speed Wheel is available now for AU$59.95RRP.